Your source for news and information about Livingston Hospital. If you have questions about advertising, community benefit opportunities, sponsorships, or a related topic, please contact 270-988-7208 for assistance.
Livingston Hospital embraces its role as a provider of medical information for the community and makes effective communication a top priority. To help us quickly and efficiently manage requests for patient conditions, interviews, and other information, please follow these guidelines:
During Regular Business Hours (Monday-Friday 8 AM to 5 PM)
If you are a member of local, state or national media, call 270-988-7208 or e-mail ContactUs@lhhs.org
. Any voice mail messages left on this line will be answered as soon as possible.
After Regular Business Hours and on the Weekend
and your request will be answered as soon as possible.
Release of Patient Information
The federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), restricts the type of patient information that may be released to the media. To comply with this law and protect the private health information of our patients, please follow this procedure when needing a patient condition.
- Know the patient’s name. We cannot provide a condition unless you ask for the patient by name.
- If the patient is at Livingston Hospital and we have their consent, we will provide a one-word condition from the list below that most accurately describes their current condition. The condition is given to us by a health professional directly involved in the patient’s care.
- Critical – Vital signs are unstable and outside of normal limits. Patient may be unconscious or on a ventilator. Indicators for survival are unfavorable.
- Serious – Vital signs are unstable and outside of normal limits. Patient is acutely ill and indicators for survival are questionable.
- Fair – Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators for survival are good.
- Good – Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators for survival are excellent.
Livingston Hospital Logos
If you wish to use a Livingston Hospital logo in your story or report, please contact ContactUs@lhhs.org.